Friday, February 25, 2011

"T - 40 minutes, Jeppesen launch control ...."

Today was the last day of classes at the Jeppesen Academy in Denver for my Flight Dispatchers rating (ADX).
Funny…you’re with people for a short 6 weeks, but they were with you in the trenches, day in and day out, battling shifting weights on the aircraft and different fuel burns at altitude. I had some great people in my class, a very bright group. I had guys from United, some fresh out of college, a woman from Jeppesen, some former ATC people, some ex-military, pilots, a chap from the UK, and some people from Angola and Nigeria. I’m going to miss them. We all worked hard and yes, we also laughed hard too.
Our instructor for the last 2/3rds of the class, Katie, is off to teach soon-to-be flight dispatchers in the UAE. She's a bright lady.

Very cool was a visit from Brad Thomann, COO of Jeppesen. Mr Thomann is one of those done-it-all pilot guys. He came into the class and gave a great rally talk, and even met up with us and chatted with us during lunch … a very nice man. You could tell by how the Jeppesen people related to him that he was a good leader. Cool.


T-minus 40 hours until I take my Oral and Practical test with an FAA Examiner this Sunday afternoon. We’ve had a week of practice for the O&P, and I feel pretty good about it. The test is about 4 hours long.
I encourage anyone interested in getting their ADX Flight Dispatchers rating to consider the Jeppesen Academy. I was very impressed with the entire package.
Resumes are out there …..
Later
DeltaFox

1 comment: