Thursday, January 20, 2011

Test #1 (of 11 !!) completed

Today, Day 4 of the Flight Dispatcher class began with a 2 part test, Meteorological Theory and AeroMedical concerns.
I got  a 98 and a 100 !!
About the 98 ... I actually talked myself away from my initial response, a response that was correct !! Rats !! But I wont complain. 98 and 100 are pretty good considering I havent been in school for 100 years !!

Our next test is in 4 days, Weather Reports, Forcasts and Graphics. So, for the next few days I'll be up to my pocket protector in TAF's and Metars, examining the 850, 700, 500, 300 and 200 mb, looking for evidence of upper level conditions like turbulance and the location of the Tropopause.


It's alot of studying, but I have to say, I'm having alot of fun !! Our instructor Steve is great ... he has alot of good experience that he shares.
My classmates are a pretty bright group of people.

I'm off to examine some charts on the Hydrometeorological Prediction Center's website !!!
Thursday night fun !!!

Later !!

2 comments: